I love to eat and cook!!! And now, my passion has changed my life... :D
I dedicate this blog to all of you out there who are interested in food and would like to try to make them yourselves.
I will also try to make this blog bilingual (English/Malay) so that more people can enjoy it and try these tested recipes that I have tried myself.
So, let's begin..! Happy cooking, everyone!! :D
Follow by Email
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Dessert : Cheese Tarts
A) SWEET SHORTCRUST PASTRY
(This pastry is used for egg tarts, cheese tarts, blueberry almond tarts, hazelnut tarts, fruit tartlets etc.)
125 gm butter
63 gm icing sugar
250 gm all purpose flour
1 egg yolk
half teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 tbsp water
- Sift flour and sugar into mixing bowl.
- Rub butter into flour mixture until resembles coarse crumbles.
- Add in egg yolk, vanilla essence and water.
- Shape dough into ball and refrigerate before use.
B) CHEESE TARTS FILLING
250 gm cream cheese (Philadelphia cream cheese)
20 gm butter
60 gm granulated sugar
- Beat cheese, butter and sugar together till fluffy, add in egg and beat until well mixed.
- Pour mixture into baked tart shells.
- Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
Feel free to add blueberry jam, strawberry jam or chocolate topping.
Actual recipe taken from : http://www.bakewithyen.com/recipes/book3/book3-pg2.pdf
My verdict : Quite an easy recipe to follow, delicious and turned out perfectly every time.